A vegan diet does not contain any animal foods or foods made using animal-derived ingredients. It could be health concerns and/or commitment to animal welfare that inspires people to switch to a vegan diet.
In this article, we introduce a few yummy vegan snack recipes.
Hummus Made With Canned Chickpeas
You are going to love this classic vegan recipe. Hummus is available in a variety of flavors and the dish is loved for its versatility.
- Tahini-1 tbsp
- Canned chickpeas(rinsed and drained)-17 oz
- Sesame oil-1/2 tsp
- salt-to taste
- lemon juice-2 tsp
- water-1/4 cup( Add more if the mix is too thick)
- For toppings
- Olive oil-1 tsp
- chopped parsley-1 tbsp
- Black sesame seeds-1/2 tsp
- White sesame seeds-1/2 tsp
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth. If the mix is too thick, add in some more water.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle the white& black sesame seeds and chopped parsley over the hummus.
Vegan Za’atar Crackers
It is a great option if you want a crunchy snack.
- All-purpose flour-1 2/3 cup
- Baking powder-1/2 tsp
- salt-1/2 tsp
- Olive oil-1 tsp
- ½ cup water+1 tbsp water
- maple syrup-1 tsp
- Za’atar seasoning-1 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 200 Degree Celsius.
- Into a mixing bowl add all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder, and whisk. Then add olive oil. Slowly add water to the bowl and mix with a wooden spoon. Stop mixing when the mixture attains the perfect consistency. Knead with your hand. If the dough is too sticky, add more all-purpose flour.
- Sprinkle some flour over parchment paper placed on a baking sheet and spread the dough as a thin layer.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of maple syrup with 1 tablespoon of water and brush the mix over the cracker. Then, sprinkle za’atar seasoning on the top.
- With a pizza cutter or knife, cut into small crackers and place the baking sheet into the oven.
- Bake the crackers for 15 minutes until they become golden brown.
- Let the crackers cool before having them.
When you are storing the crackers, make sure you keep them away from moisture. Store them in air-tight containers to retain their crispiness for long.